PMOD Base Functionality Introduction
This guide describes the installation of the PMOD software, the different levels of configuration, and the versatile image analysis tool which belongs to the base installation of PMOD. It supports many operations for image reviewing and scientific data analysis:
- Loading medical images in different formats, including DICOM.
- Viewing the images with different color tables and in different layouts.
- Calculating new slice images in arbitrary new orientations.
- Performing various image processing and manipulation operations.
- Displaying fusion images of matched data sets (image registration is a separate option).
- Performing volume-of-interest analyses and the calculation of time-activity curves from dynamic studies.
- Saving images in different formats, including DICOM, and directly C-STORE them to a DICOM server.
Additionally, this guide explains important notions generally used in PMOD tools such as
- The image data formats, their loading and saving.
- Control of layouts and image display.
- Inter-operation of tools.
We therefore highly recommend to study this document for making maximal use of your PMOD installation.