PMOD Application Course
Monday-Wednesday, March 27-29, 2023
The aim of PMOD’s Application Course is to familiarize participants with the major PMOD tools and functionalities, provide hands-on experience by making use of case-studies and real-life example data sets, and to relate popular workflows for classical and some exotic image analysis tasks. Short presentations by PMOD’s Application Scientists will outline the working principles of PMOD. The core of the course will be a series of guided exercises on the computer, using a case-study approach where possible. The exercises will cover both human and preclinical data. Invited speakers will present parts of their work, the challenges they faced regarding image processing and how PMOD can help in such cases. The participants are required to bring their own laptops. Each participant will get access to the latest PMOD version as well as training data sets to be used during the course.
- PMOD Scientific Data Management System: databases, data management and archiving
- Image display and layout options including high quality captures
- Quality control
- Segmentation tools
- Brain atlases for reproducible and automated analysis
- Image registration and fusion
- Quantification, kinetic modeling and parametric mapping
The course is aimed at participants new to PMOD or with basic to intermediate PMOD experience. The course will be taught in English by senior PMOD staff and seasoned PMOD users.
The course will be held in the PMOD office at the Bruker Switzerland Campus (Industriestrasse 26, 8117 Fällanden, CH.) Our offices can conveniently be reached by Train and Bus within 25 min from Zurich main station.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
- Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis for a maximal number of 15 participants.
- Registration is handled through PMOD’s website, and upon successful registration the participants will receive a confirmation by e-mail. An invoice will be provided soon afterwards.
- The fee covers the course, all refreshments during the breaks, three lunches as well as the course dinner on the second training day. Travel and Accommodation is not included in the course fee and must be booked individually.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel the course. In case of cancellation, the registered participants will be notified and will receive a full refund.
Course Dates and Location
|Monday-Wednesday, March 27-29, 2023|
|PMOD Offices, 8117 Faellanden, Switzerland|
|CHF 990.- / EUR 990.- / USD 990.-|
|Early Bird Fee: registrations before January 31, 2023|
|CHF 890.- / EUR 890.- / USD 890.-|
Further Training Options
PMOD is a software which can be applied for basic as well as complex data analysis tasks. We have developed video-based training material which allows users to get familiar with the main features of PMOD. Material illustrating more complex workflows is in the works. However, experience shows that it is difficult to cover all the potential situations that users encounter when analyzing their real-life data. Therefore we believe that our custom PMOD Training & Support Packages are the best solution to advanced training.
To get familiar with PMOD we recommend you to start with the Tutorial Videos. They demonstrate typical uses of the main functionality in short sequences with human and rodent data. As the data for reproducing the workflows is included in the PMOD Demo database, users can practice the basic skills in a 1:1 fashion.
The PMOD web-based training sessions have been extremely useful and valuable to myself and other research members at Stanford. The sessions are customized to suit your needs and are interactive. The staff will walk you through each step of the process and ensure that you understand the task at hand. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the functions of PMOD.
Training in Japan
|For training options in Japan (in Japanese), please contact www.pmod.jp.|